Hi Joel,

The alternatives are embedded in the 'discussion' sections which are spread
throughout the google doc.

Admittedly, we have not covered high level alternatives like those which
have been brought up in this thread. In particular, having a separate log
for transactional mesages and also having multiple producers participate in
a single transaction.

This is an omission which we will correct.

Thanks,
Apurva