Mathieu,

I personally agree with your observation, and we have plans to submit a
KIP like this. If you want to drive this discussion feel free to start
the KIP by yourself!

Having said that, for this KIP we might want to focus the discussion the
the actual feature that gets added: allowing to specify different
TS-Extractor for different inputs.

-Matthias