Thanks for the KIP, Charly.

+1. The proposal looks good to me. I agree with Jun that it is better to
make the metrics consistent with other metrics. That being said, arguably
this is a backwards incompatible change. Since we are at 1.0, backwards
incompatible changes are supposed to be in 2.0. Not sure if that is the
plan or not.

Thanks,

Jiangjie (Becket) Qin