Thanks Jun and Becket!

I think your point about 1.0 vs 2.0 makes sense I can update the KIP to
reflect this.

What's the process for 2.0 contributions as I can see that trunk is 1.1 and
no 2.x branch?

Here's what I can do:
- Not write the code change until trunk moves to 2.0.
- Write the change but leave the PR open until we start working on 2.0.
- Stall this KIP until 2.0 development starts (IIRC it's pretty soon).
- Do it in a backward compatible way (publish both sets of metrics) and
open a Jira tagged on 2.0 to remove the old metrics.

Let me know what's the right way to go.

Thanks!

--
Charly Molter