I have submitted a PR with the changes proposed in this KIP (
https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/4699). I added an additional method to
the quota callback in the KIP to simplify metrics updates when quotas are
updated.

Feedback and suggestions are welcome. If there are no other concerns, I
will start vote later this week.

Thank you,

Rajini