Hey Luca,

Thanks for the KIP. Looks good overall. Some comments below:

- We usually specify the full mbean for the new metrics in the KIP. Can you
specify it in the Public Interface section similar to KIP-237
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-237%3A+More+Controller+Health+Metrics>
?

- Maybe we could follow the same pattern as KIP-153
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-153%3A+Include+only+client+traffic+in+BytesOutPerSec+metric>,
where we keep the existing sensor name "BytesInPerSec" and add a new sensor
"ReplicationBytesInPerSec", rather than replacing the sensor name "
BytesInPerSec" with e.g. "ClientBytesInPerSec".

- It seems that the KIP changes the semantics of the broker config
"queued.max.requests" because the number of total requests queued in the
broker will be no longer bounded by "queued.max.requests". This probably
needs to be specified in the Public Interfaces section for discussion.

Thanks,
Dong