Hi Stanislav and Rajini.  If SaslExtensions is going to part of the public
API, then it occurred to me that one of the requirements of all SASL
extensions is that the keys and values need to match mechanism-specific
regular expressions.  For example, RFC 5802 (
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5802) specifies the regular expressions for
the SCRAM-specific SASL mechanisms, and RFC 7628 (
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7628) specifies different regular
expressions for the OAUTHBEARER SASL mechanism.  I am thinking the
SaslExtensions class should probably provide a way to make sure the keys
and values match the appropriate regular expressions.  What do you think of
something along the lines of the below definition for the SaslExtensions
class?  It is missing Javadoc and toString()/hashCode()/equals() methods,
of course, but aside from that, do you think this is sufficient and
appropriate?

Ron

public class SaslExtensions {
    private final Map<String, String> extensionsMap;

    public SaslExtensions(String mapStr, String keyValueSeparator, String
elementSeparator,
            Pattern saslNameRegexPattern, Pattern saslValueRegexPattern) {
        this(Utils.parseMap(mapStr, keyValueSeparator, elementSeparator),
saslNameRegexPattern, saslValueRegexPattern);
    }

    public SaslExtensions(Map<String, String> extensionsMap, Pattern
saslNameRegexPattern,
            Pattern saslValueRegexPattern) {
        Map<String, String> sanitizedCopy = new
HashMap<>(extensionsMap.size());
        for (Entry<String, String> entry : extensionsMap.entrySet()) {
            if (!saslNameRegexPattern.matcher(entry.getKey()).matches()
!saslValueRegexPattern.matcher(entry.getValue()).matches())
                throw new IllegalArgumentException("Invalid key or value");
            sanitizedCopy.put(entry.getKey(), entry.getValue());
        }
        this.extensionsMap = Collections.unmodifiableMap(sanitizedCopy);
    }

    public Map<String, String> map() {
        return extensionsMap;
    }