> On Jan 15, 2019, at 2:26 PM, Colin McCabe <cmcc...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> I think it makes sense to go back to use-cases again.  So far, all of the
> use-cases we discussed could be handled by pause and resume.  So it makes
> sense to try to figure out what the issue with those APIs is.  Are they not
> well-documented enough?  Is there something higher-level we could build on
> top to make them easier to use?
>
> It would be better to wait until a user comes forward and with a case where
> priorities are needed, to implement them.  Since then we would know more
> about what the API should be, etc.

Hi Colin,

I agree that the use-cases are important.  Rather than wait though I took some
initiative and posted the message below to the Kafka user list (Subject:
Prioritized Topics for Kafka).
Since yesterday there have been 6 replies containing 7 different use-cases and
very positive feedback.  Please review.

   https://lists.apache.org/list.html?us...@kafka.apache.org
<https://lists.apache.org/list.html?us...@kafka.apache.org>

At this point I feel like we have enough info and would like to try and work
towards a vote or set the status of the KIP to dormant.

Cheers,
--
      Nick