Hi David,

you made a great work and it would be a shame to not use it :)

The maven plugin refactoring is a great step forward and we have to use it.

We simply have to make a review/test/cleanup in the current trunk assemblies. I
raised Jira about that and I will do it.

Regards
JB

On Tue 12/07/11 00:05 , David Jencks  wrote::

On Jul 11, 2011, at 5:26 AM, Andreas Pieber wrote:

> * Karaf profiles & Kar files (IMHO this is one of the most important
> features for 3.x and not present in the issues by now; there had been
> considerable work on this by David, but still, we're missing a
> possibility to start e.g. CXF without modifying some files in etc)

I'm really hoping that 3.0.0 will have the minimal and standard assemblies
created using kars/features rather than the old style maven-assembly-plugin.  I
haven't been able to work on this for a while but i thought I left it in a
state as least as functional as the old-style servers.  The only bit I recall
as missing is the legal files.

What are you looking for to start e.g. cxf?  IIRC you can assemble a server
including a cxf feature as a boot feature, or add it in later as a regular
feature....

thanks
david jencks