Hi Andreas,

interesting. I will take a look on the patch tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks !
Regards
JB

On 09/27/2012 06:58 PM, Andreas Pieber wrote:
Hey guys,

First of all, just to bring everyone at the same lvl: If we install
features all bundles in the feature(s) are installed and then started
one after the other, in the order as they had been defined in the
features.

While in theory it should not happen there are situations where we (in
our software) depend that those features are started at least per
feature in the order in which they had been added. If I understand the
CXF feature structure correctly it's also required for them.  By a bug
last week on the trunk I discovered this explicit requirement for our
software. Starting by this discovery we've started a discussion if it
wouldn't be better if we consider the startLvl during the feature
startup. So, I hacked up a solution and tested it with several
different softwares I've access to and it seamed to work pretty well.

I've attached the patch to [1] and would really like to hear what you
think about it.

Kind regards,
Andreas

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-1878