Hey Freeman,

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 4:29 AM, Freeman Fang <freeman.f...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's a good idea.

Thanks :-)

> And how about we introduce an property for FeaturesServiceImpl, and in
> etc/org.apache.karaf.features.cfg we get chance to configure this property so
> that we can keep behavior as is or use the new behavior you introduced here,
> just in case some user somehow still wanna use current behavior.

Definitely +1 here; I can add this before pushing the changes. Since
the change is quite limited this should be quite simple.

> And  I suggest the default behavior is keep as is.

Well, that's a point I want to discuss. I'm not sure if the current
default behavior is what really meets the expectations. For example,
if you give the cxf or amq feature.xml files a shot there are quite a
lot of startlvl annotations for bundles. I think that it still work
with the current behavior is more luck than anything else :-) In
addition the new behavior will not affect most of the current
applications. More over I think it's the "more sane" behavior to
consider the startlvl per default and use the old one as a fallback
behavior if it doesn't work out for you in any specific reason.

What would make sense for me is backporting the change to 2.3 (or 2.4)
and use the old behavior there per default; but for the master I think
we could risk this slight change of the default behavior.

Does this makes sense to you?

> I think the
> features/core/src/main/resources/OSGI-INF/blueprint/gshell-features.xml need
> be updated accordingly.

For the new property I need to introduce you mean?

> My 2 cents

Warmly welcomed, as always; thanks!

Kind regards,
Andreas