I guess you're responding to my last message.

The way I understand what you said is that we would provide a tool that
would generate a simple maven project with  a "feature" packaging, but
there's no way an archetype could generate a starting point for the feature
itself, because an archetype is mostly static reosurces.

I was thinking more about like a one-shot generation tool which would
output just the feature file based on an input project.  The feature
content would mostly be based on maven dependencies.

That said, I understand that both could be combined in a single tool, just
not an archetype afaik.

--
Guillaume Nodet

Email: gno...@redhat.com