Hi JB
although the tests worked on my PC, very often they went wrong on the
jenkins machine.
I did several experiments to find the problem, but it was very difficult to
understand it.
What I understood is that for some reason the container is too slow to come
up and the timeout of pax expired before. Why? I don't know.
At the end, I clone the activemq project on the jenkins machine, I start a
build and it works. So I did a diff between activemq itest configuration
and my itest configuration. The result was that I removed some
initialization from my itest:

        customOptions.add(junitBundles());
        customOptions.add(KarafDistributionOption
            .editConfigurationFilePut("etc/org.apache.karaf.features.cfg",
"featuresBoot",
                                      "(aries-blueprint, bundle, config,
deployer, diagnostic, feature, instance, jaas, kar, log, management,
package, service, shell, shell-compat, ssh, system, wrap)"));

then also:

       MavenUrlReference karafStandardRepo =
maven().groupId("org.apache.karaf.features")

.artifactId("standard").classifier("features").type("xml").versionAsInProject();

 customOptions.add(KarafDistributionOption.features(karafStandardRepo,
"scr"));

and I replaced "activemq-broker-noweb" feature with "activemq" one.
I rememeber that also surefire plugin version has a rule in this problem.
So I changed my poms as following:

PARENT-POM

 <surefire.plugin.version>2.16</surefire.plugin.version>
                               <pluginManagement>
<plugins>
<plugin>
<version>${surefire.plugin.version}</version>
<configuration>
<excludes>
<exclude>**/*AcceptanceTest.java</exclude>
</excludes>
</configuration>
</plugin>
</plugins>
</pluginManagement>

ITEST-PROJECT-POM

                        <plugin>
<configuration>
<forkCount>1</forkCount>
<reuseForks>false</reuseForks>
<redirectTestOutputToFile>true</redirectTestOutputToFile>
<argLine>-Xmx512m</argLine>
<excludes>
</excludes>
<systemPropertyVariables>
<activemqVersion>${activemq.version}</activemqVersion>
<karafVersion>${karaf.version}</karafVersion>
</systemPropertyVariables>
</configuration>
</plugin>

I hope this can help you.