On Wed, 2018-09-12 at 12:05 +0200, Daniel Gruno wrote:
> On 09/12/2018 12:00 PM, Robert Munteanu wrote:

> > > The easiest path would be to simply exclude the sling-site
> > > repository
> > > in
> > > your reports. If you're using a quick filter, instead of
> > > filtering
> > > on
> > > 'sling', you could do a negative lookahead and filter on
> > > 'sling(?!-site)' as the quick filter accepts regular expressions.
> >
> > Thanks for the suggestestion. I ended up excluding the sling-site
> > repository completely from the 'Apache Sling' view. It's not ideal
> > as
> > it does not capture documentation contributions, which are quite
> > important as well.
> >
> > It would be great if in the future we would have a more fine-
> > grained
> > solution.
>
> Ideal solutions are rare :)
> Could you elaborate on exactly *what* you want to see, and what you
> want
> to filter away? Some things may be possible, but when you have to do
> aggregations on something like 3 million commits in real-time, it
> gets
> tricky to exclude paths and individual files without throwing a huge
> lag
> spike into the mix.

If you look at the sling-site repository at [1] we have the actual
documentation under src/main/jbake, with
- content being markdown files
- templates being ... well ... templates
- and assets being static files

Some of those static files are generated (javadoc, Maven plugin sites)
and should not be recorded by Kiddle. Those are the ones that are
problematic, especially since we have a large number of javadocs
committed.

$ find src/main/jbake/assets/apidocs -type f | wc -l
7127

Those are the ones we'd like excluded, if at all possible.

Thanks,

Robert

[1]: https://github.com/apache/sling-site/tree/master/src/main/jbake