Hey Zac,
This has long been on my “wish list”.  I struggle with how we might want to
balance investment here against what we might want to do in Ambari however.

On a technical level should this be something that ends up being part of each
topology or part of the admin topology
http://host:port/gateway/admin/ui

Kevin.