Balaji, in response your first first question about what this could provide
over Ambari. I think that Larry made a good point about not always using
Ambari. This could also make the ease of creating/updating/testing
topologies much easier. Something that Ambari would not be able to provide.
Because the admin API is already in place this UI can easily utilize the
API to do these updates by making simple POST/PUT/DELETE requests with
requests directly from the browser.

I also think that we could turn this into an Ambari iframe view and make it
appear as a "quick link" in Ambari. I know a few of the other services have
their own UI which can be reached from the Ambari configs too.

Originally, I intended for this to be something that admins would be able
use. It could just make setup/testing/updating the topologies in Knox much
smoother. The way this POC is currently implemented requires that at least
one topology is deployed with the admin service. To be able to reach the UI
you need to provide the admin credentials.

I think on top of the testing tools that I had previously implemented it
could make working with Knox (Ambari or not) much easier.

However I think if we had something like swagger <http://swagger.io>for
services as well could potentially be very useful or interesting too