Hi,

Yes, you can hit the CAS server at Heroku. Notice it's a Heroku free server
so it needs to be re-activated first (it takes a couple of seconds). So for
a UI test, you should first hit it, wait 30 seconds and then perform the
test.

Just my 2 cents:
Using automated UI tests was my first strategy for pac4j  but I finally
gave up because public providers change very often, at least enough to make
the maintenance tests a nightmare. Currently, I'm using manual tests (the
same for all demos), it takes me around 5 minutes to play them all by hand
(for a demo) and I launched manually the UI tests I have for every major
pac4j release. Just to say UI tests are not that easy. For a CAS server,
it's fairly feasible as the CAS server and protocol change rarely.
That's why for Knox, I did some compromise with a simulated web test (based
on the basic auth). See:
https://github.com/apache/knox/pull/2/files#diff-d0c880ca71b310dbe57975c577535e97R47

Thanks.
Best regards,