Hi Javier,

Javier SOLA wrote:

The locale for Spanish, as it is now is:

<IndexKey unoid="alphanumeric" default="true" phonetic="false">A-Z Ñ Ó</IndexKey>

If I was indexing a document in Spanish, I would use the series ABCDEFGHIJKLMNÑOPQRSTUVZ, with letter Ñ between N and O. Should then the locale include?:

<IndexKey unoid="alphanumeric" default="true" phonetic="false">A-N Ñ O-Z</IndexKey>

Yes, your right. I will fix it.

> You need to add new type in com/sun/star/style/NumberingType.idl, like

CHARS_THAI and CHARS_HERBREW, then add new case in i18npool/source/defaultnumberingprovider/defaultnumberingprovider.cxx to handle the new type.

I see, then your numbering style is available to all locales.

I assume table_alphabet_th in defaultnumberingprovider.cxx is directly taken from the locale (this table is not defined anywhere else) as ordered above in <IndexKey> Correct?

No the table is defined in i18npool/inc/bullet.h, the file is shared with CJK transliteration service.

Defining letter indexing script by script does not seem like the best solution. In Outlines it is now possible to choose to use local script numbering with number 12, maybe the local script <IndexKey> letters could be choosen with another number, without having to create specific cases for each language (I do not have the faintest idea of how complicated this is).

Actually, numbering and index are totally different concept. Numbering is to use natvie number or alphabet to replace 1, 2, 3..., while index is to group alphabet letters to a index letter, like (A, a) to A and (B, b) to B, and then sort them. Script type defined in <IndexKey> section is to minimize the internal index table, which is created when the index for the language is required.

Karl.

Javier