2006/1/5, Robert Ludvik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Vladimir Stefanov wrote:
> > Hi
> > I merged m147 with m148 and to my surprise I found 2327 new untranslated
> > messages (in UI only, not in help content)! Is this true or something
> > has gone wrong during merging, because in m147 UI was 100% translated?
>
> Maybe this has something to do with 'new format' (see
> http://blog.janik.cz/archives/2005/12/25/T18_32_59/)?
> I ran oo2po from new translate-toolkit-0.8rc5 last day and found out
> that there were many untranslated strings in m148 but didn't analyse yet...
> Robert Ludvik

Following steps are needed when migrating to UI strings with no duplicates:
- install updated toolkit
- generate sdf file from your existing translated or half-translated
po-s with new toolkit (to avoid english strings in untranslated
entries)
- backup old po-s somewhere
- generate new set of po-files from just generated sdf-file for your language
- update generated po-files with latest pot-files.
Now every duplicated string in one file has unique identifier, but
string itself is translated as it was in your old po-file.
Note that:
- When you do not regenerate po files, all duplicate entries will be
untranslated.
- When you use sdf file, generated with old toolkit, for regenerating,
untranslated entries will be filled with english strings

ain