Ciao Rafaella,
I know I could open those CSV files with any spreadsheet application, but it
would be much more convenient to have a script or some other program that
allows to search for a given string in ALL the files simultaneously.

The script I posted in one of my previous messages

lets you search for a given string in any directory you choose. The problem is
that it does not work with Microsoft glossaries and I wouldn't know how to
adapt it for this.

The funny thing I noticed is that these CSV files are not standard CSV: if I
open them in a text editor (such as Kwrite) the program says that they are
binary files... Why is that? Is it some sort of protection?

Ale.