Thanks for your prompt reply, Javer. :)

On 03/06/2007, at 4:02 PM, Javier SOLA wrote:

Hi Clytie,

Nice to see you back ! Missed you.

:)))))

Collation is according to the Unicode Collation Algorithm (UCA), but this is not always correct, you need to include a "tailoring" that corrects the UCA specifically for the characters in your language.

In the Unicode Common Data repository there is a tailoring sequence for Vietnamese..http://unicode.org/cldr/data/common/ collation/vi.xml

as follows:

It's correct.

<reset>̀</reset>
<sc>̣̉̃́</sc>
<reset>a</reset>
<t>Ă</t>
<t>Â</t>
<reset>d</reset>
<t>Đ</t>
<reset>e</reset>
<t>Ê</t>
<reset>o</reset>
<t>Ô</t>
<t>Ơ</t>
<reset>u</reset>
<t>Ư</t>

This can be translated to the same sequence for OpenOffice... which I am going to do right now... and it turns to be:

&̀<<̉<<̃<<́<<̣
&a<ă<<<Ă<â<<<Â
&d<đ<<<Đ
&e<ê<<<Ê
&o<ô<<<Ô<ơ<<<Ơ
&u<ư<<<Ư

This is put into a file called vi_charset.txt... and with a few bits more as indicated in:

http://www.khmeros.info/tools/Collation_in_ooo_2.0.html

I have created a patch and submitted it already...

And now either Pavel or some nice guy at SUN will take it and integrate it...

Vietnamese collation coming soon... ;-)

Javier, you're wonderful! :D

Thankyou very much. I will take this good news to my team.