Hi Alexandro,

Alexandro Colorado wrote:
> I want to know how the other NL Projects are working translations, I
> have in charge for the Spanish community to work on handling the
> different PO files.

I'm not sure to be of great help, but I'll try :)

> I have very little experience handling this type of work with the
> community so I want to get some input from the rest of the projects.
> Here is some questions.
>
> - So far I got my SDF and I want to know, should there be any problem
> with SDF being managed directly as ODS?

I don't know, but you can't manage sdf files with translating tools like
poedit or kbabel. What are the tools used by your team ?

> - The wiki Rafaella created a wiki page mentioning the SunGloss page. I
> wonder how can I use the SunGloss for the translations.  So far I have
> used Sungloss for testing fuctionally the app, but I have never discover
> a way regarding translation.

We use Sungloss for the glossary (on line mode or local mode). It's a
great help to find the good words and be consistent upon your team. You
should also find a guide for translation and a style guide.

> - I know of sites like pootle that will handle PO files on a distributed
> fashion (simlar to SunGloss). Any community working from Pootle? Any
> project recomendation, I know about the wordforge public servers at
> http://www.wordforge.org/drupal/projects/wordforge/tools/pootle

We don't use Pootle but our own tools. To manage the work flow, we use
the Doc & File part of our site and a Calc file to work with Elsa, our
language lead at Sun.

Hope this help
Kind regards
Sophie