Hi Paolo and all,

I heard from Sunvirtuallab admin that they are currently working on the issue. One dedicated machine is setup, which handles all :80 requests in Sunvirtuallab.
All the work (including testing) hopefully will be done in 1-2 weeks.

I'll keep updating the progress.

Thanks,
Aijin

Aijin Kim wrote:
Hi Paolo,

Oh yes, I'm aware of the issue. I asked Sunvirtuallab admin to have a look into it some time ago, I have to say sorry not following the progress these days.

The thing is that this issue can't be solved in Pootle server machine itself. There is a front-end machine in Sunvirtuallab, which manages all the requests. It redirects a requests on a certain port to the port of another machine. For Pootle, port 32300 of the front-end machine is redirected to the port 81 of Pootle machine.

To handle :80 requests, one highlighted webserver might need to be set up in Sunvirtuallab. I asked again the Sunvirtuallab admin current progress. I'll get back to you with update as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Aijin

Paolo Pozzan 쓴 글:
Hello Aijin,

some italian translators are experiencing problems with Pootle because of firewalls / traffic shaping appliances.

I remember you are already aware about this annoyance. Do you have any good news? :-)
Thanks!

Paolo