Op Maandag 2008-02-25 skryf Aijin Kim:
> Hi Friedel,
>
> F Wolff 쓴 글:
> > Op Maandag 2008-02-25 skryf Jean-Christophe Helary:
> >
> >> Is it possible to only have the PO parts that need translation/
> >> updating and not the whole set ?
> >>
> >> All the already translated parts are irrelevant to the translation
> >> itself (except when used as translation memories).
> >>
> >> Is there a simple tool that can extract the translation data and later
> >> merge the translated data ?
> >>

> > pofilter and pomerge will help you do this. In fact, if you send your
> > translations right back to Pootle, you can just upload the translated
> > subsets when you upload (as long as you don't choose "overwrite" when
> > you download. The default behaviour should be "merge", which is what you
> > want.
> >

> I could see the 'merge' processing takes very long time and most of the
> resource of the server machine. It is serious if the uploaded file is
> large because the server is frozen until the processing is completed.
>
> Is it possible to merge off-line and upload the merged file with
> 'overwrite' option?
>
> Thanks,
> Aijin

I identified a possible area of speed improvement in the upload merging
code. If anybody is interested in a small programming project, I can
point them to the code in question. It will need quite a bit of testing
to which I can't quite devote enough time right now.

One can use pomerge offline to do the merging. This will of course
blindly overwrite existing translations in the "template" (old)
translations files. Pootle does more by checking for conflicts, changing
things conflicts into suggestions, etc. This is partly why it also takes
longer. If people know what they do, of course there are some shortcuts
that can be taken. But please, make sure that people understand that
"overwrite" really means overwrite - the previous file is gone (unless
we start using some underlying version control system for the PO files
on the server).

Friedel