Hi sophie,

On Friday, 2008-04-18 18:26:25 +0200, sophie wrote:

> Would it be possible that one day we get enough space to put the words
> of our language in the dialog box or should we move to a kind of sms
> language localization [1]?

Yes please ;-)  Nah, just kiddin'  We're all hoping for a dialog
framework that adpats dialog sizes to the items they contain and also
does reflow of items if necessary. Just making dialogs larger to fit
lengthy text is not always the way to go, large dialogs with short text
and much empty space don't look good either.

> Several strings doesn't fit dialog windows in French, but I'm sure it's
> true for other language as well.

A good test case for Western languages usually is Finnish ...

> For example the Tools > Options >
> Security dialog is of very poor quality because half of the strings are
> not displayed in the button, and some sentences are truncated as well.

Space in buttons may again be something different. Large buttons just to
fit some text look quite ugly, IMHO.

  Eike

--
 OOo/SO Calc core developer. Number formatter stricken i18n transpositionizer.
 SunSign   0x87F8D412 : 2F58 5236 DB02 F335 8304  7D6C 65C9 F9B5 87F8 D412