Hi,

sophie wrote:
> However, I'm not sure in which component this should go, Framework or
> GSL? but I don't think it's l10n issues.
> I've several other issues to open too, I'll check if they are the same
> as yours, but I'll wait first to be sure of the component.

If certain language versions have many similar problems, please try this.

 1. Open a folder where OpenOffice.org is installed:
  e.g: C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 2.4

 2. Go to a sub folder where general settings are stored:
  English: share\registry\data\org\openoffice\Office
  Others : share\registry\res\<language>\org\openoffice\Office

 3. Make a duplication of the following file to keep the original:
  e.g: Common.xcu --> Copy of Common.xcu

 4. Open the file Common.xcu with an editor such as WordPad.

 5. Search for a keyword DialogScale.
    You may find the following lines:
      For English:
                        <prop oor:name="DialogScale">
                                <value xml:lang="en-US">10</value>
                        </prop>
      For Japanese:
                        <prop oor:name="DialogScale">
                                <value xml:lang="ja">13</value>
                        </prop>

 6. Substitute the number with a bigger one and close the file.
    To see a difference, try 100 first, and then tune the number
    around 10 to 20.

 7. Start your OpenOffice.org and confirm the size of dialog.
    The number in the step 5 and 6 determines the factor in which
    the width of dialog should be horizontally scaled.
    The bigger number, the wider dialog.

In that way, several truncated issues depending on certain language
versions will have gone at one time.

Tora