Hi,
Thanks for the prompt replies, I have re-tried everything:

   - Ran gsicheck (downloaded from
   http://ooo.services.openoffice.org/gsicheck/windows_gsicheck_1.8.7.zip)
   on the file as follows and got no messages or logfile: gsicheck -c -l ""
   GSI_ur.sdf
   - I source winenv.set.sh before calling localize.pl as follows: *.
   winenv.set.sh* (I'm building on Windows, using Cygwin with the bash
   shell)
   - The SRC_ROOT variable in winenv.set.sh is:
*SRC_ROOT="e:/OOH680_m12"*and this is correct
   - Access rights for the localize.sdf files seem to be ok, I can write to
   them and save manually, however, when I first entered a character (a), and
   closed and re-opened, the character appeared as a square (could not display
   properly), and when I repeated the process, it seemed to be alright. This
   happened with two different files. The encoding for the files is Unicode so
   I don't understand why this was happening.

I am still not getting the translations in the localize.pl file.

Could this be a problem with running the configure script with
*--with-lang="ur"* instead of *--with-lang="ur-PK"*?
I could not get it to build at all with ur-PK, but with ur, I get a build
where the layout is RTL.

Is there anything else that I could be doing wrong?

Thanks & Regards,
Huda