Hi Marcus, *,

not sure why this slipped my radar, but still:

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 5:11 PM, Marcus Lange <marcus.la...@sun.com> wrote:
> Christian Lohmaier wrote:
>> On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 3:32 PM, Marcus Lange <marcus.la...@sun.com>
>> wrote:
>
> if there wouldn't be a QA for langpacks, then they wouldn't get released. Of
> course not every NL community is testing all files but fact is that they get
> tested and released in general.
>
> However, using langpacks because there is no QA cannot be correct. ;-)

Not the point at all.

Number of full-builds provided by Sun: only a handful selected ones.
Number of langpacks provided by Sun: ALL.

>>> It's up to the native lang teams to test also language packs if they want
>>> make them available for the endusers. :-)
>>
>> Don't agree with the smiley here.
>> You created the page because only "power users" are aware of mirrors.
>> But now you're giving the argument that you need to be power user to
>> use languagepacks. How does a non-power-user know about that process
>> when it is nowhere mentioned on the page?
>
> When you are able to install the full package, IMHO you are also able to
> install a langpack.

Again completely missing the point.
A) There's no full installer for the desired language
B) The desired language has not been approved yet, people didn't find
it and did select the english version instead.

So you tell them to wait until somebody did QA on the langpack to be
able to find it.

That's just mean.

>> At least add a prominent sentence like "If your language is not
>> listed, then have a look at rc directory on extended mirrors. It will
>> be only listed here when it has been approved by the corresponding
>> native-lang projects (link to the process description)
>
> This website is about released versions. I don't want to mixup with not
> released versions; even when a RC is close to it.

Then the whole page is useless IMHO.

ciao
Christian