Dana Ned, 27 Jun, 2010 15:04 , Nguyen Vu Hung je napisao/la

> 1. What is the best tool for po file offline translation?

I use plain old text editor with PO syntax coloring. Poedit and Virtaal[1]
are some of the tools I see others use. Lokalize is also good option if
you can run KDE applications on your OS.

[1] http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/virtaal/index
[2] http://userbase.kde.org/Lokalize

> 2. (With pootle and other tools), how can I track how many strings, words
>  that my vi members have translated?

You can always count translated messages. If you want to know how many
were translated in the past, you need to do before and after count. If you
manage your PO file in version control system you can run the pocount tool
on the latest and previous revision.

> 3. Can I access po files via svn?
> -> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/OOo_and_Subversion

OpenOffice.org does not use SVN anymore, all sources are in the Mercurial
repository[2]. But OpenOffice.org does not use PO files internally for
message handling. You can extract SDF file from OpenOffice.org sources and
then convert it to PO. There are some recent changes so I do not if I am
right, but you will need complete source tree to run localize script and
extract SDF file.

This is why OOo developers do publish extracted SDF and you can get it
from extended folder on some mirrors [3]. You can then use oo2po tool from
translate-toolkit (oo2po -P -i en-US.sdf -o pot) to generate set of POT
files.

In the past POTs where also published by developers but AFAIK this does
not happen anymore.

If your team is using Pootle at sunvirtuallab.com for translating,
OpenOffice.org release engineers would merge your translations with new
templates and (luckily) you do not get to worry about it. You should make
backups as mistakes happens.

[2]
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide/Getting_the_source
[3] http://download.services.openoffice.org/files/extended/ooomisc/sdf/