Hello,

2010/6/27 Goran Rakic <gra...@devbase.net>

> Dana Ned, 27 Jun, 2010 15:04 , Nguyen Vu Hung je napisao/la
> >
> > 1. What is the best tool for po file offline translation?
>
> I use plain old text editor with PO syntax coloring. Poedit and Virtaal[1]
> are some of the tools I see others use. Lokalize is also good option if
> you can run KDE applications on your OS.
>
> [1] http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/virtaal/index
> [2] http://userbase.kde.org/Lokalize
Thanks, we use Poedit and sometimes pootle for translating.

> > 2. (With pootle and other tools), how can I track how many strings, words
> >  that my vi members have translated?
>
> You can always count translated messages. If you want to know how many
> were translated in the past, you need to do before and after count. If you
> manage your PO file in version control system you can run the pocount tool
> on the latest and previous revision.
The need raises when we need to make a report on who and how many strings
has been translated by that person.

It seems that pootle doesn't provide this feature.

# Hello, I know that some people at translate.sf.net is reading this
mailing list.

> > 3. Can I access po files via svn?
> > -> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/OOo_and_Subversion
> If your team is using Pootle at sunvirtuallab.com for translating,
> OpenOffice.org release engineers would merge your translations with new
> templates and (luckily) you do not get to worry about it. You should make
> backups as mistakes happens.

Yes, we use pootle and we will stick with pootle.

I'd like to hear other team's work flow (by not using pootle).

--
Best Regards,
Nguyen Hung Vu [aka: NVH] ( in Vietnamese: Nguyễn Vũ Hưng )