Op So, 2010-06-27 om 22:30 +0700 skryf Nguyen Vu Hung:
> Hello,
>
> 2010/6/27 Goran Rakic <gra...@devbase.net>
> >
> > Dana Ned, 27 Jun, 2010 15:04 , Nguyen Vu Hung je napisao/la
> > >
> > > 1. What is the best tool for po file offline translation?
> >
> > I use plain old text editor with PO syntax coloring. Poedit and Virtaal[1]
> > are some of the tools I see others use. Lokalize is also good option if
> > you can run KDE applications on your OS.
> >
> > [1] http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/virtaal/index
> > [2] http://userbase.kde.org/Lokalize
> Thanks, we use Poedit and sometimes pootle for translating.

Obviously I would also recommend Virtaal, but I'm not exactly
objective :-)  Of course, it has many interesting features over
something like poedit, and is available on Windows very easily (unlike
Lokalize as far as I know).  Read about some of the features here:
http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/virtaal/features

> > > 2. (With pootle and other tools), how can I track how many strings, words
> > >  that my vi members have translated?
> >
> > You can always count translated messages. If you want to know how many
> > were translated in the past, you need to do before and after count. If you
> > manage your PO file in version control system you can run the pocount tool
> > on the latest and previous revision.
> The need raises when we need to make a report on who and how many strings
> has been translated by that person.
>
> It seems that pootle doesn't provide this feature.
>
> # Hello, I know that some people at translate.sf.net is reading this
> mailing list.

(I don't follow all mail, so please use the Pootle mailing list for such
purposes, or maybe point our attention to a specific thread you want us
to look at.)

Pootle 2.0 provides some statistics at different levels about how many
strings were suggested, reviewed and translated.  You can look at our
server to see an example:

http://pootle.locamotion.org/

As you click into more detail, you will see how the statistics apply to
that language or project.

> > > 3. Can I access po files via svn?
> > > -> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/OOo_and_Subversion
> > If your team is using Pootle at sunvirtuallab.com for translating,
> > OpenOffice.org release engineers would merge your translations with new
> > templates and (luckily) you do not get to worry about it. You should make
> > backups as mistakes happens.

I would seriously recommend that people make backups, and that we look
at putting all the PO files in some version control system as well.

Keep well
Friedel

--
Recently on my blog: