У сре, 22. 09 2010. у 21:40 +0200, Ivo Hinkelmann пише:

> > msgid "Oracle Presentation Minimizer"
> > msgstr "Minimitzador de presentacions d'Oracle"
>
> a) it is a product name and should stay in English

There are languages that do require to transcribe all foreign names
because a language is not using a Latin script, it is using right to
left writing, or simply because a language grammar says to do so.

When we have such generic product names, users not fluent in English
would not have a clue what this extension is doing.

At the same time users fluent in English would instantly understand that
this is something about to make presentations smaller.

This is not fair to our users as it does not transfer associations
present in the English language to the localized software. I see this
practice against the goals of the localization project.

For the reference, other software vendors do translate such generic
names (like Notepad, Wordpad, Paint, Control panel...) keeping users
happy.

Kind regards,
Goran Rakic