On 4.10.2007, Simon Brouwer wrote:
> The problem with many available dictionaries is that their license is not
> compatible with OOo, e.g. GPL. That means you can use them with OOo, by
> separately downloading them, but they cannot be made a part of it.

Well,
when I install standard English install pack of OOo I have these dictionaries:
HYPH pl PL hyph_pl_PL - missing
THES pl PL th_pl_PL_v2 - no readme file for the license
HYPH de DE hyph_de_DE - GNU GPL, Version 2
DICT de DE de_DE - GNU GPL, Version 2
THES de DE th_de_DE_v2 - GNU GPL, Version 2
HYPH ru RU hyph_ru_RU - no readme file for the license

Dictionaries which are not included in dictionary.lst but installed:
af_ZA.dic - LGPL
de_AT.dic - GPL v2
de_CH.dic - GPL v2
en_US.dic - no readme
hu_HU.dic - LGPL
it_IT.dic - GPL & LGPL
lt_LT.dic - I suggest that the license is like for it_IT
sv_SE.dic - LGPL
sw_TZ.dic - LGPL
hyph_af_ZA.dic - LGPL
hyph_da_DK.dic - no readme
hyph_en_US.dic - no readme
hyph_hu_HU.dic - LGPL
hyph_it_IT.dic - GPL & LGPL
hyph_lt_LT.dic - I suggest that the license is like for it_IT
th_cs_CZ_v2 - no readme
th_de_CH_v2 - LGPL v2.1
th_en_US - no readme

So, here is some questions:
1. Why I have to have Italian dictionaries when I install English version of
OOo, or any other no English dictionary?
2. If I'm not wrong some of German dictionaries are under GPL v2
3. There are dictionaries without readme file to know what is the license

best regards
--
Hristo Simeonov Hristov
Leader of OpenOffice.org - Bulgarian