Op Wo, 2009-08-26 om 23:11 +0200 skryf Németh László:
> Hi,
>
> NUMBERTEXT.org is an ODF and OpenOffice.org related project for
> universal and standardized number to number name and currency name
> conversion in spreadsheets and database interfaces. If you like
> language technology or your language, join the development:
>
> http://NUMBERTEXT.org
>
> Also check the NUMBERTEXT OpenOffice.org extension:
>
> http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/project/numbertext
>
> Best regards,
> László
>
> PS.: Preview of the demo of the project site:
>
> Language      Unix time in sec (1251320655)
> Afrikaans     eenmiljard tweehonderd een-en-vyftig miljoen
> driehonderd-en-twintig duisend seshonderd vyf-en-vyftig

Hallo László

I quickly reviewed the Afrikaans, and it seems mostly usable. I would
have to confirm one small aspect of the spelling rules (there is one
class that they don't specify very clearly to me at least), but it seems
that the current implementation for Afrikaans could already be correct
for integers.

The handling of fractions is problematic, though. You will see that
anything more than two decimal places results in no output. (the same
happens for Dutch and Thai).

I am interested if you can point me to the code for Afrikaans, and any
references or people involved up to this point.

Out of curiosity: for which applications would this spreadsheet function
be important?

Keep well
Friedel

--