Metrics memory use in the router should be proportional to number of
services, endpoints, and routes.  I doubt it's leaking there and if it were
it'd be really slow since we don't restart the router monitor process
ever.  Stats should definitely be preserved across reloads, but will not be
preserved across the pod being restarted.