On mar, 2014-01-14 at 20:45 +0900, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Jan 2014 11:19:43 +0200 Jussi Laako <jussi.la...@linux.intel.com>
> said:
>
> > On 14.1.2014 4:16, Carsten Haitzler wrote:

> > > having a "enable ssh" option on devices (when you enable developer mode)
> > > would be the best of both options. it's not on by default, but it's a
> > > simple click away.
> >
> > Just "Enable developer mode" in device settings would be fine. But I
> > wouldn't like to have a car that has ssh wide open to the world with
> > some default password or key... Nor phone either.
>
> i'm fine with that. a single simple checkbox is fine for me :) and agree - if
> enabled as a service, it should require you enter a password at that tome - no
> default passwords/accounts. perhaps limit sshd to only listen on usbnet and
> any
> wifi etc. networks you tags as "trusted". :)

The check box should have a time limited effect. That means that you can
forget to uncheck it, it will uncheck itself after a while.

The check box should also be associated to a kind of password. It is not
acceptable that a developer tool can connect to any device just because
to check box is checked. I'm not saying that a password must be set but
that a password can be set if wanted.

Best regards
José