On Mon, 2015-01-12 at 15:34 +0000, VanCutsem, Geoffroy wrote:
> Hi Patrick,

The name of all native tools end with -native. In this case it was the
swig for the target that failed.

>  One might get
> > away with linking the native swig against the native pcre-devel, but
> > doing the same for the target is almost certainly wrong.
> >
> > meta-oe/recipes-devtools/swig/swig.inc declares the dependency on
> > libpcre. A log of the actual build failure would be useful to determine
> > why it was not found.
> The log (do_configure) was attached to my previous mail, here it is again.

My bad. Somehow I managed to overlook both the attachment and your
comment about it.

Unfortunately the log doesn't show much about the state of the sysroot
at the time of the failure. But I was able to reproduce it:
libpcre-devel in Yocto installs only the .pc file, whereas swig is
looking for the older pcre-config. There is a patch replacing that with
pkg-config, but the swig recipe fails to re-generate configure after
patching configure.ac.

Looks like an upsteam meta-oe bug. I'll check in more detail tomorrow.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.