On Fri, 2015-01-30 at 10:22 +0100, Lukasz Wojciechowski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> W dniu 2015-01-21 o 10:14, Patrick Ohly pisze:
> > In my opinion, b) is better than a) if someone is willing to do it. I'm
> > unsure about c) - isn't Cynara already a dependency of some other
> > packages, and if so, why are those not needed for the current "Tizen on
> > Yocto" build?
>
> According to my knowledge currently cynara is used by:
> * security-manager (not yet build with Yocto),
> * crosswalk (patches on github not on tizen.org)
> * dbus (patches merged but not submitted yet)
>
> So, because dbus patches will be probably merged soon, we need recipe
> for cynara.

True for Common, but not for IVI, because IVI is frozen and unlikely to
take these incoming changes. The problem is that "Tizen on Yocto" has
never been set up to track diverging sets of .spec files or image
configurations. We probably would have to branch it and maintain two
branches at the same time.

Because we try to create a stable "Tizen on Yocto" release and there's
specific demand from IVI partners in building with Yocto, we are
currently focusing on building Tizen IVI with Yocto. Everything else
must wait because there are no resources to do both.

> My question is: who is responsible for creating such recipe?
> Is this a job for meta-tizen maintainers? or Is it cynara maintainers
> responsibility?

At the moment I'd say it is the job of the meta-tizen maintainers. For
future "Tizen on Yocto" that's probably Xavier Roche, for the current
release it's me (I stepped in for Kevin and Ronan).

> Is there any procedure or howto page about migrating to "Tizen on Yocto" ?

Not at the moment. Better continue working via .spec/gbs/OBS.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.