1. I think a PMC has to commit the key to the file.

4. All sounds reasonable to me.

5. Normally we'd stage artifacts on Nexus. However, as we're not putting
C++ stuff on Maven Central, I don't think that's right. I found this svn
repo <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/logging/> that looks
promising. It's a separate directory from the <
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/logging/> release area where we
commit the artifacts after a successful vote. Committing release candidates
to the dev section may require being a PMC since it's the same svn repo.

A good way to test an RC is providing the git tag so we can checkout that
tag and build locally to verify. The archives, signature files, etc.,
should be distributed via apache.org somehow so we can download and verify
the artifacts which get committed to the release repo later. That will get
mirrored across all the Apache mirrors.

--
Matt Sicker <boa...@gmail.com>