Guten Tag Robert Middleton,
am Samstag, 22. Juli 2017 um 23:44 schrieben Sie:

> I tried to verify with: gpg --verify apache-log4cxx-0.11.0.tar.gz.asc
> apache-log4cxx-0.11.0.tar.gz
> but gpg couldn't find the public key - do I need to import a special key at
> all?

That depends on GPG I guess, is it e.g. checking any public key
servers and if so, which when? Because like the docs told me, In
uploaded my public key to some MIT key server. Additionally, the key
should be available in the KEYS file of the distribution archive. That
would need to be imported manually.

> There's no configure script in the archives - for autotools projects, it's
> assumed that they ship with a configure script.

Isn't that platform dependant and unnecessarily blows the archive? I
removed it by purpose, because "autogen.sh" is creating it and the
docs tell people to use that script. Was needed for source builds
before already and I wondered why we don't simply always require it.

https://logging.apache.org/log4cxx/next_stable/building/autotools.html

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--