Normally, src/changes/changes.xml should have the list of changes for each
release. The Maven site plugin runs the changes plugin -
https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-changes-plugin/ - would normally process
that. But it appears Log4net isn’t using that as it doesn’t contain any useful
information. Instead, the changes are being documented in the release notes
manually - see
https://github.com/apache/logging-log4net/blob/rel/2.0.8/src/site/xdoc/release/release-notes.xml.
 This is a harder way to do it but it works I guess.

Log4j uses the changes.xml and the announcement plugin to generate the release
notes. That uses a velocity template and automatically merges the changes
report into it. We manually change the template a little bit for each release
to cover the release highlights but everything else is automatically inserted.

Ralph