If there is long term commitment apart from these urgent fixes we can run
another vote.

You cannot guarantee you are alive by February, nobody can give such guarantees.

The logging pmc is not here to accept all patches as they come in but to make
decisions best to the project (among other duties).

Once there is a mandate and consent among pmc we most likely try to review and
comment on the prs coming in. No guarantees though your pr will be accepted as
it is.

That said, we continue to vote in New committers and pmc members as we always
have. Prerequisites to become logging committer is long term interest in
logging and understanding the ASF way. Also, I daresay, many people here like
to add new people when they are adding positive attitude (versus toxic
behavior).

I hope all your questions are clarified now and we can continue to discuss (see
Ralph's message) on slack and vote in this thread, which is, btw not meant for
discussion but for voting.

--
The Apache Software Foundation
V.P., Data Privacy