I updated how that works in master to reuse the PluginManager that has
already called collectPlugins() once (so it even avoids redundant
re-scans of the in-memory maps), but that doesn't seem to be much of
an issue anymore (especially now that all the StrLookup plugins are
themselves instantiated only on first use).