Thanks for trying, Gary. I need to update the docs, I think, because I dropped client profile framework targets with the last release (iirc) because of that exact problem - can't install like that any more. You really just need the latest dotnet ask (8) and .net from windows features (including the option for 3.5 which says it also brings in 2)

-d