Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Lucy Wiki" for change
notification.

The "LucyIncubatorProposal" page has been changed by MarvinHumphrey.
The comment on this change is: Kill link to proposal template, make minor
cleanup edits..
http://wiki.apache.org/lucy/LucyIncubatorProposal?action=diff&rev1=45&rev2=46

- ## page was renamed from GraduationPlan
- For reference, see the original template at
[[http://incubator.apache.org/guides/proposal.html]]
-
  == Preface ==
  Lucy is a sub-project which is being spun off from the Lucene TLP but is not
yet ready for graduation.  We propose to address certain needs of the project
by transitioning to an Incubator Podling, and assimilating the !KinoSearch
codebase.

@@ -77, +74 @@

   . [[http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html#incubator]]

-  . The basic requirements for  incubation are:
+  . The basic requirements for incubation are:
    * a working codebase -- over the years and after several failures, the
foundation came to understand that without an initial working codebase, it is
generally hard to bootstrap a community.

  By rebooting the project with a working codebase, we expect to avoid the trap
that ensnared Lucy's first incarnation: we will release early, release often,
accumulate users, nurture contributors, and grow our community.