Hi;

As you know that commitWithin is a nice feature for Solr. You can either
use it via URL as a query parameter or within documents to index. As like:

{"add":{ "doc":{"id":"change.me","title":"change.me
"},"boost":1.0,"overwrite":true,"commitWithin":1000}}

However I think that is is not a feature of data and it should not be
permitted within data to index.

I have a use case for it: I have designed an infrastructure that drops url
parameters that is not related to data (as like commit or commitWithin).
However as Solr supports a non-data related feature within data as a meta
data I could not drop it and I have to analyze all data or customize Solr.

What do you think about that? Does it a good design to allow something like
that within data as meta data?

Thanks;
Furkan KAMACI