Somehow, they were made available since 2.0
-> http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/lucene/lucene-core/

The pom's are minimal, sans dependencies, so eg if your project
depends on lucene-spellchecker, lucene-core won't be transitively
included and your build is gonna fail (you therefore had to add
dependency on the core to your project yourself).
But they were enough to download and link jars/sources/javadocs.

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 12:40, Shai Erera <ser...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Out of curiosity, how did the Maven people integrate Lucene before we had
> Maven artifacts. To the best of my understanding, we never had proper Maven
> artifacts (Steve is working on that in LUCENE-2657).
>
> Shai
>
> On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 11:03 AM, Simon Willnauer
> <simon.willna...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 9:33 AM, Thomas Koch <tho...@koch.ro> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > the developers list may not be the right place to find strong maven
>> > supporters. All developers know lucene from inside out and are perfectly
>> > fine
>> > to install lucene from whatever artifact.
>> > Those people using maven are your end users, that propably don't even
>> > subscribe to users@.
>>
>> big +1 for this comment! I have to admit that I am not a big maven fan
>> and each time I have to use it its a pain in the ass but it is the
>> de-facto standard for the majority of java projects on this planet so
>> really there is not much of an option in my opinion. A project like
>> lucene has to release maven artifacts even if its a pain.
>>
>> Simon
>> >
>> > Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro

Kirill Zakharenko/Кирилл Захаренко (ear...@gmail.com)
Phone: +7 (495) 683-567-4