OK Mr grumpy.

It's my opinion that it also wastes everyones time to force them to
have a pristine checkout before committing
And I know for a *fact* that a large number of committers don't run
"ant precommit" before every commit.

> If i'm working on something, and discover that a recent commit has broken
> precommit, I revert.  no discussion, no hesitation

Shrug... I've fixed a number of other peoples commits that have
inadvertently broken the build.
If it's an easy fix, I'll continue taking that path.  Seems both
easier and a bit nicer.

I'll look into the "precommit" target to see what other targets that
can be run earlier to try and catch bugs w/o forcing one to have a
pristine checkout.

-Yonik