I think this is akin to what some other projects do to automatically apply
patches and validate whether they apply or not.  I've always wanted such a
system for Lucene, but never had the time to hook it together.  I wish Hudson
had a JIRA plugin that did it automatically (or maybe there is and I'm just not
aware of it).

-Grant