I found another problem.

Maybe something changed in the logic of FSDirectory.open(), but now when I
run some tests over my code, I see that if MMapDirectory is chosen and an
attempt to seek to an incorrect position is made, IllegalArgumentException
is thrown, instead of IOE. This breaks my code which catches IOE and handle
it.

While I can modify my code to also catch IAE, I wonder if it's ok that
MMapDir throws such an exception instead of IOE. It's actually thrown from
ByteBuffer, however the caller, which holds a reference to a Directory, does
not know if the underlying impl is MMapDir, LinuxFSDir etc.

Should we fix it on the new branch and go for a second RC?

Shai